1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Splicer, Mar 3, 2006.

1. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

Any demand for it? How do you charge? I would imagine include it in the original price but up that price first.
  2. Jcs Lawn and Landscape

Jcs Lawn and Landscape LawnSite Member

to be honest with you the only thing i know how to do is stripe and i think that is the easiest way to cut a lawn. I dont know of any other techniques that are faster then striping it

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

once you learn it will come easy.
  4. Precision Lawns

Precision Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

If we mow a lawn, the lawn is striped. That's all we do. We've had a couple of times when the grass didn't need to be cut, but the customer wanted stripes so we ran the mowers over it anyway just for striping, but other than that, it's just the way we mow.
  5. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

it's not like it's an extra service or anything.

BRAD'S LAWN CARE LawnSite Member

I agree once you learn it, you got it!
  7. B&D Lawn Care

B&D Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah but keeping that line straight is probably the hardest part.
  8. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

All skills:cool2: lol, Its not an extra service or anything. Its an attatchment on your mower, going straight comes with experience.

9. Joey bag a' donuts

Joey bag a' donuts LawnSite Member

just think of that as your lawnsized business card. Thats the BEST promotion you can give, a visible example of the quality that you have to offer for the entire neighborhood to see.
  10. ECS

ECS LawnSite Bronze Member

Mowing = striping! It is a regular service here for every LCO. No demand, and no complaints if not striped, but compliments when done.