Striping

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Phil Egnatz, May 30, 2002.

1. Phil Egnatz

Phil Egnatz LawnSite Member

:blob2:
    I Have A Question Im Only 16 and live near chicago i ve been cutting for 7 years now for neighbors friends and family and 3 years ago i went to a commercial dealer and bought a new Scag SW32 belt 32 WB i traded it a year and a half ago for a toro Proline 44" Walk Behind With Velke belt Drive also now i won 't get a belt again but any ways i love striping and see it every where but i need some tips can anyone help me i take pride in my lawns but i need them to stand out I Know if Erik Was Alive He Could Help and i have read his stuff on his website Please oh and any other knowledge you pros can pass onto me would be awesome

1988 Ford F150 4x4
    1997 Toro Proline 44 in 14hp kohler
    Echo Es-2400 Shredder vac
    Stihl FS-80
    Kees Commercial Edger
    16ft Tandem Axle International Trailer:blob2:

2. scottb

scottb LawnSite Senior Member

Just practice dont overlap to much try and run as straight as you can. Use the search feature on here and you will find many days of reading on striping. Good luck to you.

3. Phil Egnatz

Thanks Alot Scottb I Know Alot about the buiss but i want to make my product stand out and man do i love this site

4. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

OH MY GOD!!!!
    I'm sorry, but you really need to search this one..
    I hate to be this way but you don't realize (being new) how much this one is brought up.. sorry to be mean sounding. Search button is red at the top of the screen.
    Hope this helps,
    Eric
    PS - If you could post some pics of lawns after you do them, I might be able to tell you how to improve it. It really helps to "see" it first. That would really let me be able to help you. Catcha later!

5. Phil Egnatz

Thanks bush hog Boy I know how the search works and i found days of reading on striping thanks for your time

6. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Sorry for being rude... :blush:
    If you can post some pics on this thread or another, I can probably be able to tell you how to better your stripes. Good luck!
    Eric