1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by staceyfb, Jun 13, 2002.

1. staceyfb

staceyfb LawnSite Member

I am a fairly new start-up in north central WI.
    I am wondering if anyone could help with some tips or hints on how to stripe lawns.
    i am running a dixon 50" if that would help any.
    thanks for any help or advice you may have.
  2. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

Make yourself a striping kit. Do a search (Red button on top right corner of page) on "Striping" and Striping Kit"
  3. motodude

motodude LawnSite Member
    from OK

The red button at the top right corner of my page has an X on it.
  4. J.Henderson

J.Henderson LawnSite Member

is it just me, or has there been about 2 new questions regarding striping the last 3 weeks? I do recomend the search button. It has rally been a help for me, or in the beginning my stripes looked like h*ll, but am now striping with the pro's (or so I think in my mind).
    Search is gold, use it as much as possible.
  5. Jason_S

Jason_S LawnSite Member

If I was still in school in Stevens Point (UWSP) I could come by and show you how it is done!

It is summer time and I have a hard enough time keeping up with our accounts down here in SE WI, so my advise to you is UTILIZE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!!!!!!!
  6. mklawnman

mklawnman LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Staceyfb
    Actually all you need to do is go back and fourth with your Dixon on a lawn. Because as ive heard and seen every lawn mower stripes you just gotta know how to make the stripes. Yeah a stripe kit helps to enhance the stripe on the lawn but its not always necessary. Just use the search key and it should help you a great deal :cool:

Jason_S Where in SE wisconsin are ya from?? Im in Richfield.

7. cuttingrass

cuttingrass LawnSite Member

Hey !

Im new to this site...But Im also located in Se Wisconsin...

Actually Im located in the greenfield Area..Its nice to see a few

locals on the board!
  8. Jason_S

Jason_S LawnSite Member

I reside in Waterford, WI.... I work for a business in Mukwonago, WI....

We will basically cover the whole SE corner of the state for work been in Greenfield once or twice! (lol)

Good to see other locals here!
  9. Pro-Lawn

Pro-Lawn LawnSite Member

Pitch of deck , kind of blades , rpm on blades , one or two blades per spindle . Look at Eric Elms site , thats where i learned some of my stuff