Striping

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lgi, Oct 10, 2002.

1. lgi

lgi LawnSite Member

Does anyone know of any websites that show pictures of stripe jobs. Also, does anyone know if you can get a stripe kit for a great dane.

2. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

www.elmlawnsite.com
    A page with 40+ I think awesome stripes by the King of Stripes, the late Eric Erickson, a lawnsite.com member and favorite here. He passed away earlier this year I think. The response was amazing and heartbreaking. Anyway, check out his page, it should still be up and going. I need to make a visit myself ;)
    I visit it alot during winter time to get my striping fix when all my grass is dormant :D :cool: :p Gets me dreaming....
    I would show you some of mine but most LS guys get uptight when I share my stripes on here. Methinks they're jealous, who knows :confused: :D :cool:
    Eric
    (maybe I will anyway)

3. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

i don't mean to be nosey, but i've seen eric's site before. how did he die? how old was he? that's too bad, i had no idea he passed away. did he start this website?? :confused:

4. lgi

lgi LawnSite Member

Can you send me some of your pictures with stripes.

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Expert,

Eric was a friend to us all, and a great person. He welcomed everyone here like they were his brother, and was always the first to help with ANY kind of advice. To our loss, he succumbed earlier this year to a heart condition. He was in his forties, I think, but am unsure. He was way too young to be taken from us, anyway. Many of us arrived to the conclusion that God needed him more than we did at this time. As far as the site goes, he was a moderator and friend to Chuck, the owner of this site. I only wish you could've been on here when he was on. I have to say, he was funnier than all "get out", too. Something that may help you gain a little insight to the type of person he was, is do a search or look up his name and go to where you can read all of his threads. Just browsing through you will be able to see the tremendous amount of help and advice he always gave. What's more than that, is watch his style. The way he treated everyone with upmost fairness and respect. This guy was truly top shelf.:angel: We all miss you Eric. This is all I can write.

6. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

Expert Lawns,
    I don't know the answers to your questions so I'll let someone else answer.

lgi,
    I'll put a few on here. I don't have a webpage with pics now.

1.jpg

7. lgi

lgi LawnSite Member

looks good, i'll make sure i put some on tommorrow

8. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

2.)

2.jpg

9. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

lgi, thanks. Looking forward to seein' yours later.
    Eric

jones12.jpg

10. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

lgi, thanks, looking forward to seeing yours too.
    This one looks crooked, but it's not really the lawn has a dip in it.
    Eric

'more to come'

jones11.jpg