1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Stripper roller on Exmark Metro/TTracer?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawncareguy, Jul 21, 2005.

1. Lawncareguy

Lawncareguy LawnSite Member

Ok, I did a search and came up with pretty much nothing. Here is my question for all you Exmark guys/dealers.

I am being told that you cannot put the stainless roller stripper on the Metro floating deck models/belt drive but it will fit any TTracer floating deck hydro. I thought they were the same floating deck/frame setup? One exmark dealer says no you can't because of the way the belts are ran and the part book does not show it and another says you can. I thought the belts were on top of the deck and stripper is on the bottom/rear. Shouldn't it fit? Which is it? I have a chance to buy a 52" metro with a floating deck CHEAP due to divorce. I don't really need the hydro for my own lawn and I have the cash for this versus having to finance a new hydro. This is my last season doing commercial mowing and I am also selling my Gravely PM152Z and replacing with a w/b. I want the exmark cut with the stripping kit. Any retro's if it will not bolt on?

Help! :dizzy:

2. hamsey

hamsey LawnSite Member
    from CT

I will be making my own similar tothis. Most parts can be purchased at mcmastercarr. Will take pictures after it is done.

3. Lawncareguy

Lawncareguy LawnSite Member

Thanks, that is exactly what I was looking for. I did not know they made the universal stainless roller now. I have seen this website before with the rear mount type but never the deck mount type that would work with the floating deck exmark. I emailed them for cost and am looking for other sources on the roller(McMaster Carr)

Thanks again. :waving:

4. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

There is No Difference Between the Metro hp Carrier Frame & Deck to the Tracer's so the Roller Should Fit Fine.