Stripping kit with or with out.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cutters edge, Jan 10, 2005.

1. cutters edge

cutters edge LawnSite Member

I am receiving my first 60 in ZTR Brand new. Do i put the stripping kit on or not? What do customers prefer? Do they like it or hate it?

2. caz1

caz1 LawnSite Member

if you find out let me know i'm intersted in the answer

3. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

What type of ZTR did you buy?

4. cutters edge

a 60 in lazer Z

5. Jackman

Jackman LawnSite Member
    from Zone

Good ? what do the customers prefer , I also want to know...... One thing I do know is that my Lazer 60 with out a strip roller makes a pretty good strip and to date none of my customers have asked about a better strip.... The lawns in my area that are done with a strip roller look good there lines are always more defined than my non strip roller Z , but to me the grass with the striper always looks a little matted down and that is why I have not bought a strip roller...............

6. Green Care

Green Care LawnSite Senior Member

Not sure if they know what a stripe kit is but I sure they will like a clean cut lawn.

7. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

I say if you have the kit already, put it on, but I would wait till after your "spring" clean ups. This is just my thought

8. B&B Lndscpng & Lwn Srvc

B&B Lndscpng & Lwn Srvc LawnSite Member

I use the stripe kits on my scag mowers. I like them and they do leave a nicer stripe if you use them right. I even have customers that pay extra for the stripe. I usually stripe it once for no additional charge to see if they like it enough to pay for it. My stripe kit lowers and raises and locks into place so it's easy for me to do it either way.

9. cutters edge

I think i will start without it.See how it goes. Thanks!