1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

stripping kit????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Zak's Pro. Lawn Care, May 1, 2010.

1. Zak's Pro. Lawn Care

Zak's Pro. Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

first i have a great dane super surfer... would i be able to get a stripping kit? next is it worth it to get one? those of you that have them roughly how much do they cost?

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Well over $100 and it's not for stripping.

3. GrassIsGreenerLawnCare

GrassIsGreenerLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

haha i know whats up with the people on here that cant spell striping or stripes? look at all the threads....is everyone illiterate?

4. lawnworker

lawnworker LawnSite Senior Member

Some extremely intelligent people have trouble spelling. their minds just don't focus on the small stuff.

5. CincyWolf

CincyWolf LawnSite Member

^ That must be it.

6. SangerLawn

SangerLawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from indiana

If you have a great dane and feel like you need a stripppppppping kit then something is wrong. I never seen a single great dane that didn’t give good strippppppppes. I recommend learning how to mow. Honestly not being a smart arse but…if you cant stripe without a kit then the lawn will look horrible with a kit.

7. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

i have a super surfer. It didn't stripe well at all. I had a Lesco that didnt work anymore and took the rollers off of it and made a kit. Stripes very well now. You can copy the one made by Big league. Basically all i did was put the rollers on a steel rod. used some nuts as washers and axle ends on the ends. i had small brackets from the lesco but had a heck of a time mounting it. I had to use very long bolts and go through the holes on the platform you stand on.

8. Zak's Pro. Lawn Care

i do leave stripes and do know how to mow i was just looking to make the stripes even better like the big league

9. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

you want stripes like in my pic down by my signature?

10. Zak's Pro. Lawn Care

yea those are great and very visible...what do u use?