1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Stripping Questions

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Poncho25, Jun 20, 2006.

1. Poncho25

Poncho25 LawnSite Senior Member

I had a few clients ask me if I was able to give their yards a stripped look, now most of my exper. comes from up north in NY state and the grass there is much diff, and easy to get the stripped look by lowering the back end of the deck.
    Ok here's the question, can St.Augesteen (sp) Family of grass be stripped, being its alot thicker and not as plush as other grass familys? I went ahead and bought the stripping kit for my 34z but before I waste anymore, want to ask the people who know more!! YOU!! :)

thanks in advance!
  2. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

St. Augustine wont stripe. Just stop trying right now because it wont happen.
  3. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

Keep your trousers on Poncho, this here is a family establishment. Wrong forum altogether :dizzy:.
  4. vaham

vaham LawnSite Member

Folding dollar bills in half lengthwise and standing them up on edge along the driveway will sometimes work........ using 20's will get you a "turfdance"....:) J/K
  5. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

umm yes it will. Ive done it. I made a roller sytem for my Z. Ill post pictures if I still have them. Now yes it is hard to stripe St.Augustein, but it can be done. If you have time go over the yard twice. Chains wont work and a rubber flap wont work either. Ive tried many things and the only one is a steel roller.
  6. Sandgropher

Sandgropher LawnSite Senior Member

Stripping questons that got my attention, best place is the pussycat place out of town.

live in aussie heard kentucky blue grass stripes well over there ??:confused: :drinkup:
  7. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

here is a picture of a old customer I had

8. One of Three

One of Three LawnSite Member

Something's up with those pics...I'd like to see 'em. Yards here (central Alabama) are mostly centipede, but still quite a few St. Augusteen.
  9. Poncho25

Poncho25 LawnSite Senior Member

I didn't think it would, but would love to see those pics...cause if it could be done, for some of the higher end clients, the ones asking for it, i would love to be able to provide it for them!! Also if you have a pic of the roller setup u used if u still have it, that would be great also..

10. 29 Palms Property Management

29 Palms Property Management LawnSite Senior Member

That's news to me. St. Augustine definitely does stripe.