1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Stripping with a 36

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Lech615, Jan 2, 2002.

1. Lech615

Lech615 LawnSite Member

How well will a 36" belt driven mower with a 13 kaw stripe. Will it do a good job without building a stripping kit for it.

2. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have used a 36 belt. It striped great! No kit needed.
  3. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Nearly all mowers will leave some type of stripe. The 36" units inherently stripe pretty well but a few years ago we added a drag shield between the drive wheels that improved the striping even more.

The only way to really determine if the mower stripes to your liking is to demo one.

4. Lech615

Lech615 LawnSite Member

The stripe shield, is it already on the mower or is it an extra I need to ask the dealer for?

5. eXmark

Technically the "drag shield" is not a "stripe" shield and it is standard on all Exmark walk behind mowers. It's original purpose of the drag shield was one of safety. The shield helps reduce the likelihood that an object can be thrown from the rear of the mower deck into the feet of the operator.

6. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Yes, it comes standard on the machine. It does make the stripes better.
  7. JJOHN22042

JJOHN22042 LawnSite Member
    from MA

Does Exmark Sell Stripping Kits for Walkbehinds??:confused:
  8. eXmark

We do not have a quote, striping kit for the walkbehinds. If the unit that you have is not equipped with a drag shield you can add one. They install very easily on any walkbehind. Your Exmark dealer or I can help you find what parts are needed.

Thanks, Fred.