stripping with walkbehinds

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by danthemowerman, Jul 25, 2001.

1. danthemowerman

danthemowerman Banned

I've been reading about stripping and how great it is and was wondering if you can stripe with a 48" walkbehind with a sulky attached

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

You sure can stripe with walk behinds and do a great job of it also. ;)

3. danthemowerman

danthemowerman Banned

thanks,
    but what would I need to stripe with one, and where would I put it? On the mower or on the sulky?

4. Eric ELM

I take it you wanted to know if you can add a striping kit?

It isn't what you said, but this is what it sounds like now. Yes, you can make a kit for a W/B, but you do not need one to stripe. Lawnmowers naturally stripe, but a striping kit enhances it.

There is a thread on this same subject with a picture of a home made kit on a w/b mower. If you or nobody else can find it, I will look for it later when I get some time.

5. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

6. JJOHN22042

JJOHN22042 LawnSite Member
    from MA

Good Job like the looks.....:D :D :

7. bubble boy

bubble boy LawnSite Bronze Member

lets say you have a lawn thats never been striped. how many cuts would it need to begin to see the effect? i know turf type may matter. also what type stripes best?

8. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I takes about 3-4 cuttings for the stripes to look their best. At least that's how long it takes for the 21" to lay down the nice ones, the Groundsmaster is like totally different. The first time I mow at one property, the stripes show up and they look great, no delay.

9. Eric ELM

lets say you have a lawn thats never been striped. how many cuts would it need to begin to see the effect?
    On my striping page on my website there are 2 pictures taken in the early spring where there are no stipes. This mower had no striping kit on it then.

i know turf type may matter. also what type stripes best?

I think the northern turf stripes best and according to Homer, he agrees. :)

10. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

but what would I need to stripe with one
    Grass.
    where would I put it?
    On the lawn.

Yes its true Eric our Ky Blue stripes the best patterns IMHO.

However, WHO stripes the best - Well you know the answer to that one - LOL!!!

Couldnt resist.
    Kris