Stripping

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Meg-Mo, Aug 17, 2005.

1. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

This picture is of a lawn mowed 4 days ago with Meg-Mo's on a Lesco 48". We don't need stripping kits.

100_0578.JPG

2. craigs lawncare

craigs lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Looks nice.
    How about a picture that shows off the strips better. One that directly faces the strips.
    Are you saying that one does not need a stripe kit if you have these blades?
    How about a before and after shot that shows how the mower mows with and with-out the Meg Mo's.
    I would personally attribute nice stripes to the deck more than blades.

Craig

3. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Deck construction and deck pitch is what makes stripes. Most mowers will stripe if set up correctly. My JD's stripe nice with stock highlifts.

4. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

Exmark WB's comes stock with a stripe kit. Doesn't Lesco do the same?

5. eshreve1234

eshreve1234 LawnSite Member

Meg-Mos improved the striping on my Deere. IMO they are worth the $$.

6. DaveRave07

DaveRave07 LawnSite Member
    from NY

You may not need a stripping kit - we will save those for the employees of gentlemen's clubs across America. However, you might want to try out a striping kit.

Just busting your chops.

7. hillndale

hillndale LawnSite Member
    from Maine

Yea! If you're gonna be stripping on lawns, go for it, no one will even notice the striping. :D

8. lawnworker

lawnworker LawnSite Senior Member

I am glad someone pointed out the difference between stripping and striping. :)

9. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, you all have seen my comments on megmos.

I'll stick with double blades and the Proslide -- I'd say these stripes of mine look a tad better. :)

lawnsite.jpg

10. firstclasslawncareandplow

firstclasslawncareandplow LawnSite Member

I did this at my parents house with my Exmark 60" lazer Z. A couple notes: This was SINGLE CUT!, This was cut in a different direction than last week. I bought the kit from exmark so dont think that i just cut in the same way every week. I works well, the customers love it, and it is truely worth the $250

any questions about it please feel free the drop me a email: Jonalke12@yahoo.com