Strobe Kits

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by yard_smart, Jun 22, 2008.

1. yard_smart

yard_smart LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys,

GETTING A NEW TRUCK TOMORROW, FINALLY THE HARD WORK IS STARTING TO PAY OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

My question is this,

I do alot of mowing on main roads and also i normally find my self having to park on the main road for both power washing and mowing. One of my mowing accounts is for the city so my truck is alway off to the side of the road but still in it. Last week we had a near miss when a guy was flying down the road and about hit me (on the mower) and my truck so i ordered some new work shirts (the safety green-yellow color) and im gonna put a strobe kit in my truck for a little added safety

Has any one done this and if so where did you buy the kit from?

thanks guys

2. NOOB

NOOB LawnSite Member

3. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

LED's are the best, draw less power, plus you can mount them anywhere. Lic. plate, front, rear, differant colors, etc...try Gall's website, or try Goggle and hit LED's. Don' let the small size fool you, they pack a punch. I would do red and blue to the rear, white and amber to the front, or blue/white. Good luck!!

4. cmlawncare99

cmlawncare99 LawnSite Member

i would get whelen. That is what i run on my truck and they are the best in my opinion. I havent had any problems with them. They are alittle salty though i think its arounf 250 for the 6 way. Plus if u decide to do snow and ice management you will need them for plowing. I got mine from weymeyer downtown indianapolis

5. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

a very simple light source is a magnetic mini lightbar for your roof it will provide 360 degrees of safety and is almost always seen(an LED one would be best because they last longer and draw less amps when the truck is turned off)...hideaway stobes are great we have them in most of our trucks and the ones that dont have lightbars. but back to hideaways if you want to put them in yourself you need to drill holes in your lights and run a bunch of wires under your truck

6. yard_smart

does two fifty include install ? im from indy and my dad still lives up there so i am normally up there every couple weeks. i was thinking one in each tail light one in each headlight and then 2 in the grill

7. BillyRgn

BillyRgn LawnSite Member

check the local laws, around here blue white red and green are strictly off limits, only for fire - police -medical. if you want strobes, you have to get a permit and use amber.

8. yard_smart

Here she is fellas its a big step up from my 89 f 150 lol

Im glad to see my hard work is finally starting to pay dividends i was starting to wonder lol ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. BillyRgn

BillyRgn LawnSite Member

congrats !!! very nice looking truck. i love that body style. i have two gmc's that are that body stlye, and i wouldn't trade them for anything, good luck with it.

10. Guzman Properties

Guzman Properties LawnSite Senior Member

Congrats and good luck with the new truck!!!