Strobe Lights On Trailers?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by 02DURAMAX, Mar 26, 2008.

1. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

Who here has added Strobe Lights or LED Warning Lights on There Enclosed Trailer?..Anyone have pic's of them and how they did it?..If I do put some on my trailer they will probably be LED do to the fact that they draw less power.

Thanks.

2. pagreen

pagreen LawnSite Member

yea i wanted to do this to........ hopefully someone has some ideas or answers...

3. Paulup

Paulup LawnSite Senior Member

Make sure they are off when you drive, you'll get a ticket.

4. 02DURAMAX

I Know That!!

5. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

There was a guy on plowsite that had like 6" round led strobes for 30 or 50 bucks new. Those would be easy to install.

That would be the way to go, they're normally just 2 or 3 wire and have the flash pattern built into them.

6. KGR landscapeing

KGR landscapeing LawnSite Bronze Member

maybe downthere up here people get so used to them with plows all the time they dont even effect anything

7. PTSolutions

PTSolutions LawnSite Silver Member
    from OH

yea, we drive around in the winter with our strobes/warning lights all the time, no one's ever bothered us.

8. Guzman Properties

Guzman Properties LawnSite Senior Member

On a trailer?

9. 02DURAMAX

So I guess no one has done this?

10. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

I plan to this summer at some point when we get an anticipated drought or something....my idea would be to keep the power pack in the truck to keep the wiring simple and easy up front, then run one strobe cable to the back of the truck and either let it hang or put a weather proof plug on it. Then run the opposite end down the trailer to the light in the back...this would obviously be for hideaway strobe heads...

LEDs would be easy too, same senario, just do all your normal wiring up front and just run a long cable with a weather proof plug in the middle.

The only differences between putting the light in the truck and in the trailer are the length of cable and the fact that you would put a plug in the middle. Would look factory if done up right!

JMO on this!

-mike-