Strong backpack or walkbehind blower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by J.T.M., Sep 9, 2007.

1. J.T.M.

J.T.M. LawnSite Member

I plan on hiring a helper for fall clean ups this year instead of trying to tackle all the chaos myself. Right now my system is to blow all the leaves out of the beds then suck them up with the grasshopper vac system, then if need be i go back over it with the br550. I will need another blower to move things along quicker. My question is what do you guys think would be more beneficial, a strong backpack blower or a strong walkbehind?

2. lawnman456

lawnman456 LawnSite Member
    from ct

a push blower is alot stronger than backpack. if you have alot of leaves and big lots go for the push. if you want to spend less and less leaves, go for the backpack.

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I don't know....If you have a Grasshopper with a vac setup, you really don't need a push blower

4. jsaunders

jsaunders LawnSite Bronze Member

large backpack- while the push blower will move more air I found it wasn't that much better than the backpack and you can't get into the tight areas with the push. Plus moving the push blower wore me OUT. Yet having the b/p one for 8 hrs is easy.
    Joel

5. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

I have a few of each - large area - push blower - tight spaces BP, even the handhelds works in those areas. But with the grasshopper - maybe ya don't need to the push blower.