strongest blower and weed-eater

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CHINES60, Oct 30, 2002.

1. CHINES60

CHINES60 LawnSite Member
    from 38017

:confused: Iwould like to know which back pack to get and which weed-eater. This will be my first year in awhile. Need the best advice from everyone that run their own small service.

Thanks bunches

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Just got the Redmax 7001 Back Pack Blower. It's awesome and I also have in inventory the Redmax 7000 and Echo 650.

I think the 7001 is the best of the three...and my guys all think the same too.

3. Lawn Cops

Lawn Cops LawnSite Member

I got the redmax 7001 from Capt. Devo who frequents this site.

It is the most awesome blower I have ever used. Would not buy anything else

Jim
    Lawn Cops

4. ScotLawn

ScotLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Redmax 7001 for the blower and Stihl FS85 for the weedeater.

Cant go wrong.

Scot

5. Doogiegh

Doogiegh LawnSite Senior Member

I also have a Redmaxk 7001.

Can't believe the power it has. Absolutly A-1 incredible.

Of course my experience is a craftsman handheld, so imagine my surprise first time I started up the Redmax. I almost wet my pants. <G>

Gary

6. kenneth parsons

kenneth parsons LawnSite Member

The Stihl BR420 Magnum is the blower of choice in my area! This morning, I ran Stihl's new 4-stroke FS110 weedeater...bad to the bone and extremely quiet. If there is a Stihl dealer in your area, check them out and good luck to you!

7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

When it comes to trimmers, it's not just the power to look at, but the power to weight ratio. You can carry a cannon around all day with you, but that doesn't mean you're going to need that power for what you do, and it can also be impracticle. As far as the blowers go. I love my Echo PB601's. Fire up first time - every time, even after a few years. My trimmers are Echo, too, but I don't remember the model #s. (2400 I believe, or 2501's) They are reasonably powerful and light in weight, and extremely reliable. Whatever you do, when you get a trimmer, do NOT get the big handlebar setup, thinking your getting some big "commercial duty" rig. This is NOT the right setup for the application you will be doing. Always go with the simple loop handle.

8. LawnSmith

LawnSmith LawnSite Senior Member

9. Blessed 1

Blessed 1 LawnSite Senior Member

Echo PB650 & Stihl FS-85. I have the FS-55 and I am completely happy with it. This is my first year too. I decided to get the best blower that was available because I always wish that I had goten the better one........but not this time.:cool: My PB-650 is awsome. If there is a better one out there you would need weights to hold you down:D :D

10. Doogiegh

Doogiegh LawnSite Senior Member

Is there a place that sells a Stihl FS-85 online?

Gary