strongest frame

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by veltenslawncare, May 11, 2004.

1. veltenslawncare

veltenslawncare LawnSite Member

who has the strongest zero turn frame? i think hustler does, then scag. im looking to buy a new z turn. however everyonbe raves about exmarks decks?

2. The C Man

The C Man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Does it have to be THE strongest? A lot of commercial equipment is pretty well overbuilt to begin with (in a good way, I mean).

3. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

You plan on going off roading with your ZTR? Get a lazer you wont be sorry. Like C Man said they are all built very good.

4. veltenslawncare

veltenslawncare LawnSite Member

no i really have my mind set on the lazer, just wondering who everyone thinks has the strongest decks. thats all.

5. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Go ahead and get the lazer. You arent going to find a better ZTR on the market.

6. cajuncutter

cajuncutter LawnSite Senior Member

For what it's worth, I chewed up and spit out a ratchet buckle to a ratchet tie down strap for 18 wheelers. This thing was huge!! It chewed my blades up a little but did not affect the spindals and only put a small dent in my deck at the edge or seam. My mower is 6 years old with over 4500 hours with original spindals and original idler pullies and it is a hustler:) Matter of fact I am to pick up a new mower today and it is not because mine is too old or worn out it is because they stopped making the model I like and I happened to get a killer deal on it. I am just going to store it away for when the time comes. By the way it is a Shortcut 1500.

7. rlmelton

rlmelton LawnSite Member

My Dixiechopper has 6 2inch by 1 inch rail frame and 2 of them are 2x1 solid steel stock . I've run over a steel Tpost and cut it clean into and just nicked the blade and with no damage to the deck.

8. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

Check out the new '04 model Toro's....as tough as they get and some, and the new deck is super tough, and a great cutter!
    I've got the Z588E, 28hp, EFI, 60'' Turbo Force deck.

9. Bull

Bull LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

You will not find anything in a ZTR with a stronger frame than the choppers. My XT3000 comes with a life time warranty on the frame and it has been in some predicaments. As for the deck, its like an armored truck.

10. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

If you want to know which Z has the strongest frame...compare the weights of similar size mowers. Compare an Exmark or Toro with a Hustler. Using the same engine/deck size combinations compare the total dry weight of each. The mower that weighs more is heavier for a reason.