Struck with tons of bad luck...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GTLC, Jul 4, 2004.

1. GTLC

GTLC LawnSite Senior Member

First...a-hole customer of mine decides to make up some BS excuse not to pay me full price I quoted on a job after I finished it..I think I need to write this old fart a letter

Then...I underestimate a $700 job at $500

Last Sunday...I am mowing my own lawn, going up a hill on my Timecutter and then suddenly my engine starts to feel a little sluggish and then comes a big metal breaking sound and the engine seizes and starts smoking...great, a BLOWN ENGINE right in the middle of a season. Every maintenance interval is met, in fact Mobil1 10W-30 Synthetic oil was in it at the time. I take it to the shop and it will be another 1-2 weeks estimated time to replace the engine and have it back in service. OF COURSE I DON'T HAVE A BACK-UP MOWER AND haven't found one to use yet. The amazing thing is this only happened at 195 hours.
    I hope you hear this Switchless@aol.com!!! Now I finally have something with pure evidence I can complain about.

Oh...last but not least...my Scotts 21" decides not to start, but then barely kicks, then runs at a low RPM and stalls out.

--->All in the same season folks<---

Wish me good luck with all the repairs and/or replacements please

Oh, and does anybody have any suggestions on how to fix my Scotts 21"??? Any help would be greatly appreciated.