Stuck Between Two Gravelys

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jeds_Lawn_Care, Feb 13, 2007.

1. Jeds_Lawn_Care

Jeds_Lawn_Care LawnSite Senior Member

(21 hp kawl) 144M XDZ - $6228+tax
    (19hp kawi) 44Z - $5150+tax

Can anyone list for me the main differences and tell me weather or not they think it is worth the extra $1100? If it is I really wanna know, I don't wanna pay less and regret it later. Both mowers have the X-factor deck....I think?

I'll probobly be working for about 3 days a week mowing about 20 accounts weekly. (I hope to be.)

2. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

only the 144 has the xdz deck, commerical (better) airfilter,faster,holds more gas,Stronger pto clutch (250lbs vs 125lbs), disc brakes, 115 lbs heavier, and it even looks tuffer.

3. Jeds_Lawn_Care

better frame too.

4. Jeds_Lawn_Care

I there a difference in the X-Factor deck and the deck on the XDZ's?

The 44z does have the x-factor deck.

5. Jeds_Lawn_Care

bump......

6. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

There's some difference I assume, the 144 has more rollers, from what my local salesman was telling me that the xdz is a new deck that's suppose to help with the cut quality with some of the northern grasses where guys cut at 3 inches and up. Here we have centipede where we cut it a.5-2 inches normally so I have just the x-factor deck but thats what I need. The 144 is a better mower no doubt but you have to decide if you can justify the money. Have you considered there new standers?

7. MOWALLTHETIME

MOWALLTHETIME LawnSite Member

12cc pump vs 10cc pumps, roller chain tabs are welded not bolted. the deck only has holes in it for the mulch kit. large diameter pulleys and idlers for decreased bearing speed,no rattle belt covers, twin hydraulic fans, bnew hex belt design, single pto spring, thicker deck baffles, larger wear strip on front of deck.also the baffles are continuos welded not spot welded like some other brands. I just recently bought a 148M XDZ and the machine is a beast. floats across the lawn and with massive front and rear tires leaves less rutts in lawn even wet grass.

8. Jeds_Lawn_Care

I actually haven't. I think I am gonna have to have a 44" deck. If they made one with a 44" deck, I would consider one.

9. Jeds_Lawn_Care

GOOD! Finaly I can get a review from someone! So you really like yours? Good. I haven't bought one yet. But I am SERIUOSLY looking at getting one.:)

10. GrassHopper 1

GrassHopper 1 LawnSite Member

I am looking at the exact mowers in Ohio. However, the prices are $400.- $500. higher here than the quote you received. Where did you get your prices from?