Stuck In Mud

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by thomask, Apr 24, 2010.

1. thomask

thomask LawnSite Member
    from KS

I was out mowing today on my Everride Stander and got too close to a swampy muddy area and got sucked in! I made quite a mess getting out as my tire was sinking down and spinning the tires didn't help much. Has this happened to anyone else and what became of it? The owner wasn't home, so I dropped him a quick email and explained the situation and took $ off the mowing charge. Should I be looking for another yard to replace this one in your experiences? Thanks!!:dizzy:

2. KPW LawnCare

KPW LawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Got stuck 2 this year once 2 weeks ago ( was too close to a creek) and once toady, both time the home owners pulled me out the didnt care at all.

3. rcslawncare

rcslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Shouldn't be a big deal. But it happens!

4. should not be a big deal

we got stuck mowing a commercial property 2 miles from our shop last week. I had to go the honda rubicon out and ride it over and pull the mower out lol.

I guees it was good to run the 4 wheeler since it has not moved since duck season

E

5. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

I have gotten stuck 3 times this year, before that about 7 yrs ago. Too much rain.

6. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

You're probably all right since you did tell the home owner what happened,
    granted it all depends now what they think but as a general rule it's when
    someone doesn't say a word about it, that's when they get pissed.

So I think you're fine, it happens, I've already got stuck at least once this year.

7. Hoy landscaping

Hoy landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

nothing ya can do. if they get mad say sorry and youll fix it free. i made a mess at a customers house, stuck 2 times at 1 house. i told them the cut was free becasue i only made a pass or 2, an that i would fix it free.

8. rjh4758

rjh4758 LawnSite Member

Posted via Mobile Device

9. rjh4758

rjh4758 LawnSite Member

Thursday was my day from hell with getting stuck. I got stuck in a customers back yard with my ztr. No biggy right? Ground was solid to with in 15' of the mower so I will just back my truck over and use my 30' tow strap and pull it out right? Sunk the &$@& 4X4 truck to the axles. Had to have wrecker pull me out. $100 later I had to do what I should have in the first place leave the mower and run home and get a come along and chain to winch it out. Not to mention that it was now a free cut and I will spend a half a day this week fixing it. Lady was very cool about it and said it was no problem.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. shade tree landscaping

shade tree landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

been stuck a few times myself, always make the homeowner/property owner aware andthen stop by within a few days, through some fill in rut(s), some seed on top. This keeps everyone happy, simple solution with supplies you already have.