Stuck Lazer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Sammy, Sep 5, 2001.

1. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

I was comeing back from giveing an estimate this mornibg when I drove past this guy. I turned around and gave him a tug :cool: out of the ditch.

He said it was the 2nd. time he had used it. And he now knew that it was not a good idea to mow the ditchs this way. It is a Lazer Z w/27 h.p. diesel.

Well, I did my good deed for the day ! :angel:

[​IMG]

2. PrimeGreen Lawn

PrimeGreen Lawn LawnSite Member

Woulden't it be easier just to grab ahold of oneof the front casters and swing it sideways? Out of the 4 employees I have, they EACH have done the same thing with my lazers at LEAST once this year. We just grab ahold of one caster with the operator sitting on the mower and swing her around while the operator moves the levers in that direction.

3. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

It's happened to me. As a matter of fact it happened next to last job today. Like Scott said... I get off and heave on one of the casters to get it parallel with the slope. First I look around to make sure no one is looking :blush:

What's up Scott!

4. PrimeGreen Lawn

PrimeGreen Lawn LawnSite Member

Yes, that can be embarasing!
    TSG, I've been too tired everyday to come here to Lawnsite as a regular. The business has been very good and all my contracts this year already have told me they want my services for 2002.
    Remember the 2500 Ram I had? Well, after blowing up 2 engines and getting the tranny replaced, I bought a slightly used 2000 F350 Powerstroke Diesel. Man, this thing pulls great! Anyway, sorry to get off the topic of that stuck Lazer, but it was good to see you here again Tom!

Scott

5. fivestarlawnken

fivestarlawnken LawnSite Senior Member

I wish I had a camera when a couple of my co workers at my full time job,rolled them off a hill with a stone wall next to it.Just like a timex few bent bars,broken muffler and they were running three days later.Don't ask me what they were thinking. :rolleyes:

6. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

I hurt my back last week. I sure as heck was not going to re-injure it for a complete stranger.:rolleyes: The strap worked just fine.

The rear tires were off of the ground. You can see where he tried putting some branchs under them. I also think the diesel weighs a little more than gas versions.

7. Mike (MLC)

Mike (MLC) LawnSite Member

Doesn't look like he was near as stuck in the ditch as I was today. We have had over 15 inches of rain here in the last week and my yard at home was getting really tall. I decided to mow it. Well I was getting close to my ditch when my lazer hp mower kind of slid in it. There was no way I was getting out of there without some help. I don't know who all saw me, but I was pretty embarrased. I had to go get my four wheel drive four wheeler and pull that thing out. After that I gave up on the ditch and called it a day. :rolleyes:

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

O.k.. I'll admit it. I've had to do this a couple of times myself. Never stuck like that, though. I've always ran lengthwise through dithes like that, and carefully moved backwards diagonally to switch sides. I've always been a little concerned about doing this though, as it puts a great deal of weight and pressure down on just one of the front caster wheels. Anyone else had this concern? When I've slid down just far enough to bury the Z in the muck, I've just used another mower to pull it out. Still a setback, though.

9. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

i use to have a front mt mower marty J that could get stuck in just a low place in the yd . when the lazer gets stuck its usually my error in judgement that caused it. think its happened twice.
    most time im using it to pull something else out.later