1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

stuck mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Hoy landscaping, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Hoy landscaping

Hoy landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Today i was out mowing and got stuck. it seemed really dry so i fgured just mow it. and i got stuck the first time, put some rocks under the tires. after that i kept mowing because ive been mowing this property for 4 years andi knew this spot was wet, dumb me, whatever. then i was heading to the driveway to go see if there were any other wet spots and got stuck 10 feet from the driveway. this one was down to the axle. i got the truck and pulled the mower out. but anyway, what do you tell the customer? i just told my customer that ill fix the ruts and its a free cut since i only made a pass or 2. What would you do?

2. jasontimm

jasontimm LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

WOW...stuck twice...thats bad...only thing you can do is apoligize and fix it immeditly.

3. ajslands

ajslands LawnSite Silver Member

I got stuck doing a ditch yesterday didn't hav my truck cuz it was right around the block, but ran home and got it hooked a strap up to it and pulled I right out, luckily it was a ditch so it didn't have to look to pretty. But I fixed it
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. ajslands

ajslands LawnSite Silver Member

Also i had just gotten that mower last weekend and it was my second lawn of actually doing, besides my own
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Hoy landscaping

Hoy landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

yeah this was the first damn lawn of the season! besides mine.