stuck on 25

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by advancedlawncare, Apr 30, 2005.

1. advancedlawncare

advancedlawncare LawnSite Member

Yes I have been stuck on 25 weekly yards for some time now. It seems like I have been adding and loosing customers all year. The work is not bad, but I am just in a rut and the calls have not been coming in like I had expected they would after all the flyers I handed out. I have the referal program in place and that does not seem to work either. I did not know if cold calls were a bad idea or if they got real results. I need to be at about 60 weekly accounts to take away this worry of money for the meantime. I have already jumped my gross for the month up to about $8000 this year. Last year I was doing about $3500 a month. I do alot of smaller landscaping jobs and that is good on the money but I want that nice steady money. any thing would help. So give me everything you have. Tell me all your nice little secrets.

2. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

3. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

8000 gross per month isnt bad, for a solo operation. Enjoy your freedom.

4. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

8000 per month sounds excellent for 25 accounts.

5. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Maybe you should look at it as the landscaping is your steady money, not the mowing...give the people what they want. 8 grand ain't bad at all.

6. C.Meece

C.Meece LawnSite Member
    from KY

I can relate to your problems ive been in buis for 3 years. this year every body and thir brother decided to start a buisness. I went from about 25 yards to about 15 it sucks anybody got any suggestions?? I only wish I could pull off 8 Grand a month.

7. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

I was stuck at 25 for 2 years. Then I jumped to 40 overnight. It was crazy. All word of mouth and referrals. Makes ya feel good about your work.

8. The landscaper

The landscaper LawnSite Senior Member

I would just focus on doing very quality work, get signage, maybe you will get more referrals and people driving by.

9. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

That's what helped me the most. As soon as I lettered my truck and really dedicated myself to doing the best work I could, everything fell into place