Stuck on What blower brand

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by OrangeToys, Apr 21, 2009.

1. OrangeToys

OrangeToys LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW MO

i have heard a lot of Stihl BR 600 here.

Is there any other recommendations that majority like?

2. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

BR 600s have a avid following, and they are pretty amazing machines, but I know a lot of people who have had issues with them, they require premium fuel, high-end synthetic oil, and valve adjustments. Do a search here, and you will find more threads in the repair forum for BR 600s than any other piece of equipment.

I would consider the Shindaiwa 802 blower, probably the best blower on the market now.

3. jiggz

jiggz LawnSite Senior Member
    from jerz

for handhelds. i have always used the Sthil bg55 i really don't think you can go wrong for the 150$ that they cost.. for backpacks i have always gone with the Redmax.. its been a while since i bought one.. but last time i did the big Shidiawa was using the redmax engine.. thats why i went with the redmax.. ehhh just a thought

4. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

Wear the 8501 for a day then wear the br600 for a day and you will have your answer!!

5. Big Red Ferris

Big Red Ferris LawnSite Member

the br600 and 550 are the most fuel eff so why worry bout lost fuel storage

6. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

x2. It is a great machine. You wont be disappointed.

7. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

I have used both and the Shindaiwa is much better then the stihl.......IMO Don't leave out redmax because they are one heck of a blower and they may even top the Shindaiwa a little. I will have all blue on my trailer this year.

8. coxslawncare

coxslawncare LawnSite Member

if it shuts down when it is on your back just follow a few simple steps
    1. Take blower off of your back
    2. Set blower on ground
    3. Pull cord to start blower
    4 Pick up off ground and put it back on

Pretty simple

9. runofthemiller

runofthemiller LawnSite Member

speaking of hands down, go with the stihl! just like they said, it is the most comfortable, fuel efficient and powerfull blower out there imo (talkin the br600 here). heres what you do;
    1) buy it
    2) use it
    3) TAKE CARE OF IT
    4) love it

follow those steps and you will never have any problems with a stihl. ive just found that after you have used one for a while, do what works best for you. dont follow manuals instructions for starting, maintenance, etc. check the air filter, spark arrestor, and once in a while the sparkplug. thats it.

10. OrangeToys

OrangeToys LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW MO

do most places let you demo a blower before buying?