1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Stuck on What blower brand

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by OrangeToys, Apr 21, 2009.

1. nbuzz

nbuzz LawnSite Member

my dealer will let me bring back the equipment if I don't like it. within a time period. but he has yet to steer me wrong. I have to purchase the small stuff first, but I always have the option.
  2. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

Don't really care for our br600. Uncomfortable on my back, runs out of fuel way to quickly (compared to our echo PB650 and redmax 8000, can't wear short sleaves with it cause the stupid blower chute pinches the skin on the back of my arm. Its not the most powerful blower out there and I'm comparing to machines that are 3 to 5 years older. Can't comment on the shin though since I never used one, just wouldn't recommend the 600 is all.

Highly recommend echo blowers.

oh ya, and I don't like the throttle controls in the handle. When I go to turn the 'thumb' switch from full throttle to idel it usually shuts off cause I hit it to hard and then I wind up having to pull it off my back, restart, and throw it back on again. pain in the arse!
  3. dlaros

dlaros LawnSite Member

I'm a shindy kind of man.
  4. cmrgrounds

cmrgrounds LawnSite Member
    from augusta

I have three of them and they all suck. There great when there new, but once you use them for a couple of months they start loosing power. I never noticed this until i bought my second and third blower. The first one is only a year old and already has a new engine under warranty. Ive only ran mid grade gas and stihl synthetic oil in these machines like my dealer recommended. I bought the valve adjustment tool and had to adjust the valves numerous times. The throttle cables get stuck and when i take the throttle lock off the blowers end up cutting off because you push the button to hard. These blowers are stored in an enclosed trailer and out of the weather. Stihl just hasnt perfected the 4 mix engines yet.
  5. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Why do people get so hung up on brand. Just pick one.

Search search search

What do other guys around you use? My god every lco with an open trailer has br600's hanging off of them. That must say something.

I will say don't buy either one and get an echo 650.
  6. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I really love my BR550 and would reccomend it any day

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

i have run shini's for 10+ years, never ever had a problem with any of them (have prolly owned 10-12 of em), as a matter of fact i still have a couple shini eb630's that are about 10 years old and they still start up first pull and run all day with no problems. thats using 87 octane, and the reg stihl 2 stroke mix.

the shini eb802 is by far the most powerful blower on the market, its alittle heavy, but the straps make up for it, if your a little guy you might not wanna buy this blower because it might be too heavy for you, but im 6'2 235 pounds so it doesnt really matter to me
  8. hornett22

hornett22 LawnSite Senior Member

Husqvarna BT 170 or BT180 is the best blower hands down.i have used the rest and Husky now has the best.
  9. SfTD_service_CENTER

SfTD_service_CENTER LawnSite Senior Member

i have the eb8510 shindy and i love it! i beat it and i love it so much i treat it with 110 sonoco race gas and she smells great!
  10. mictrik

mictrik LawnSite Member

My vote is for the Shindaiwa EB802 or the Redmax ebz8001. The Husky BT180 is a rebranded redmax EBZ8001.