Stuck on What blower brand

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by OrangeToys, Apr 21, 2009.

1. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

STIHL BR600 is really powerful/light and comfortable

2. demhustler

demhustler LawnSite Bronze Member

I see mostly echos "hanging off of them" (echo same available as sthill in our area)
    we have only echos (in company) - so i can't compare (not bad, and they also say it most powerful on the market LOL )- but sure more power even with weight increase would worh it (4 me and what we do)

btw. what is most powerful on the market now? (use to be Redmax70(75?)cc?)

Last edited: Sep 28, 2009
  3. meyere60

meyere60 LawnSite Member

i like the echo pb 410 back pack blower. its a good all around blower, and its all steel frame, aluminum housing, metal carb with built in fuel pump, no priming needed is the most commercial blower on the market.. the echo pb410 can also be converted into a weed sprayer wich is preety cool.

4. bulldoglawncare

bulldoglawncare LawnSite Member

the first blower i bought was a redmax eb7000 and about 5 blowers later im still running redmax 7001 and 8001. if you can get your hands on a redmax you wont regret it

5. morgaj1

morgaj1 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Shindaiwa EB633RT, which is a re-badged Echo PB-755T. Great blower!

6. SOSman

SOSman LawnSite Member

I'd vote RedMax but looking at your signature I see you run alot of Stihl products so I'd probably go with it. I like to keep all the equipment the same brand, just looks more professional in my opinion.

7. Nu-Scape

Nu-Scape LawnSite Member

Echo!!!!!!!

8. EverestLandscape

EverestLandscape LawnSite Member

I agree with bulldog. If you can get RedMax you wont be sorry. But if i had to choose between Stihl and Shindy i would say stihl.

9. mictrik

mictrik LawnSite Member

In terms of durability and power I would choose the EB802. This unit is very well built and very powerful... I hear of issues with the Redmax 8001, I have as yet not heard of any issues with the EB802. The Redmax 7001 is another unit that is known to be very durable. The Stihl is powered by a 4 cycle engine and it is my belief that a 2 cycle is inherently more reliable because it has less points of failure. I am not knocking Stihl, I love their products and have 3 of them. However, when given a choice between a 4 stroke or two stroke, in an engine that will be run at open throttle, I look to the 2 stroke! I would also look at the Echo 770 though it is new to market so there will be little info regarding reliability.

10. green monster

green monster LawnSite Member

Shindaiwa EB8520. Go demo one and see for yourself.