study course for lawn and ornamental license

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by RyanLeo, Jan 31, 2014.

1. RyanLeo

RyanLeo LawnSite Member
    from Florida

Does anyone know of a good class I can take to help me pass the test. Any advice or tips would help. Thank you
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. fl-landscapes

fl-landscapes LawnSite Silver Member

3. doug1980

doug1980 LawnSite Senior Member

I used Chris Graham with Preferred Technical Services. Helped me a lot.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. OneLineAtATime

OneLineAtATime LawnSite Member

Here in Ohio..

The Ohio State University puts on a all day class then you take a 4 hour test in the evening after the class..

Is there a class set up like that in Florida??

5. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Little bit different down here. 3 years full time working for someone that has a license or a BS in hort. Then you can apply to SIT for the arguably hardest CPO exam in the country. Good luck trying to get reciprocity for an out of state license.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. RyanLeo

RyanLeo LawnSite Member
    from Florida

I heard it was hard. I have seven years of experience so I can take the test. I live in pinellas county which is really close to you patriot. I was just wondering about online study courses or just any tips that will be helpful. I plan on taking the test june 9th.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Call the extension at booker creek. They should have the latest on what to study. My comment was more directed to the out of state guys that think the CPO license is in a box of cracker jack as Ric says.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Johnagain

Johnagain LawnSite Senior Member

Spend the $300 for Kessler's class. I took his class in Sept. with very little studying and passed with a 87. The weekend of the class I had barely opened the books and new I was going to fail but after the day long class I new I had a chance. Studied all the next day and felt better about my chances. Took test Monday morning and had no problems. Plan on staying the weekend from Friday night to Monday afternoon at the hotel. Many others take the class and many help each other on Sunday at the hotel studying. Good luck. I will be taking my GHP later this year and will take his class for that also.

9. CNYScapes

CNYScapes LawnSite Senior Member

That 3 years work experience will probably be the one thing that keeps me from moving down to FL. The way I read it I think it says you can use 2 years from anywhere and 1 year needs to be in Florida. Still, there is no way I can work for someone else for a full year down there. I wish there was a way around it.

10. doug1980

doug1980 LawnSite Senior Member

Chris Graham's course is $100.00 cheaper and offers the same material and full day class before the exam.
    Posted via Mobile Device