study course for lawn and ornamental license

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by RyanLeo, Jan 31, 2014.

1. RyanLeo

RyanLeo LawnSite Member
    from Florida

I was looking at kesslers but someone said palmer was better. I'm sure everyone has their own opinion with these classes so I guess no answer is right or wrong. I do appreciate the responses though.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Actually the Fla. CPO Test is becoming a little easier and passing rate is up. The reputation of the hardest test in the Nation was created when Dr. Sung was writing the tests. But the current Fla. CPO test isn't easy in any way.

Doug Palmer past away a month or so ago. I think he was in his 80. I took all of Doug's Test Passing courses and I still remember the first thing he would tell the class. ""I here to teach you how to Pass the test, NOT DO PEST CONTROL"". Of course my point is passing the test and doing good pest control work are two totally different things.

3. rob7233

rob7233 LawnSite Senior Member

Go see/call your local County Commercial Extension Service agent and ask what/when classes are being held. Look in the blue pages of the phone book.

Your looking for an L&O and Not a CPO right?

4. RyanLeo

RyanLeo LawnSite Member
    from Florida

Yes just for my L&O. Class or not its gonna be up to me to study for the test. I will take a class to help my chances though. I've never been so eager and excited to study for a test.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. rob7233

rob7233 LawnSite Senior Member

6. fl-landscapes

fl-landscapes LawnSite Silver Member

It won't. Those are bmp (best management practices) for fertilizer only. They will teach you not to fertilize within 10' of water (3 with deflector) and how to starve a lawn, but nothing about the L&O exam. By the way my names on that list from 2008 didn't know such a list existed.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
  7. Emerald Coasting

Emerald Coasting LawnSite Member

After taking Bob Kessler's L&O Class on March 8, 2014 and making a 89 on the test March 10, 2014. I highly recommend taking his class if you want to pass the first time. Well worth the money IMO.

8. RyanLeo

RyanLeo LawnSite Member
    from Florida

That's awesome to hear. Just received his packet friday so ive been working on it the past 2 days. How close were the questions on the actual exam compared to his?
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Emerald Coasting

Emerald Coasting LawnSite Member

I would say similar. The actually test changes the wording around a little to try to confuse you. I promise if you follow the instructions in the packet he sent you and go down for the prep class you'll be ready. One thing about his study guide in the Applying Pesticides Correctly book if you have new APC book from UF you won't find some of the answers to his study guide in it but only like 1 or 2. Bob is a cool guy too he has great stories to tell. Let me know if you need any help with the study guide. I'll be happy to help!