1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Stump Grinder implement.

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by LR3, Aug 22, 2012.

1. LR3

LR3 LawnSite Senior Member

Any recommendations on a stump grinder implement for my SR80. I'm looking to buy one for an upcoming job. Any ideas would help. Thanks.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. PTSolutions

PTSolutions LawnSite Silver Member
    from OH

check out erskine attachments or paladin/ffc brand

3. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

if you could get it to work, the CAT stump grinder works good. It telescopes and is very light and powerful.

4. LR3

Any thoughts on quickattach brand? $5500 out the door. Free shipping. So far after some research it seems to have the most amount of teeth (38), on a 24" wheel. Carbide of course. And he's gonna sweeten the deal if I pick up a two yard snow bucket.

5. LR3

I've got 40+ stumps to grind of various sizes. It must work. Weight shouldn't be a problem as I plan to use my SR80 for the grinding and the RC50 for mulch clean out and topsoil to fill in.

6. LR3

It seems the quick attach and Erskine models are exactly the same with different stickers. So, I'll call Erskine tomorrow and see what kind of deal they can give me. Pics to come.