Stump Grinders

Discussion in 'Tree Service Equipment' started by Guest, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Its hard to make money stump grinding if you rent a grinder. Only way to do it is line up all your stump jobs on one day so you go and take care of all of them at one time.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

How much do you charge for a hard wood 24" diameter, easy access, grindingo 6" under the ground, with chips clean up and haul away with you?

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Sorry I don't have any input for this but I thought I'd mention my situation.......My dad and I are looking to buy a stump grinder. We have 120 acres and have lots and lots of stumps to grind. We aren't in need of a huge vermeer by any means...but I've looked very closely at the Husky SG13 and like what I see and hear and also looked into the Bluebird SG1314B and my dad has looked at the DR model...lol. I have also found a couple used smaller Vermeer ones on ebay, but I don't think they make them anymore, and if they do, I haven't found any. I also briefly looked at the Bandit HB19XP. What do you guys recommend?

Thanks, Jonathan

4. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm looking to buy one to. I'm going to buy it used. Costs less and if it breaks, I can fix it and it still should cost less.:cool:
    I watched a video on you tube of the bluebird and the front seamed to short with not enough reach to keep it out of the hole. I think the DR is very similar. I rented a Dosko,they have a long front, but for realy big stumps it still wanted to go in the hole. However, if its a good deal and will work, get it.;) Just my opinion.:)

Tyler