Stump Grinding Pricing? $2-$3 an Inch?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by 1cooltreeguy, Mar 12, 2007.

1. 1cooltreeguy

1cooltreeguy LawnSite Senior Member

What are you charging to grind stumps? We charge $2 - $3 an inch across the face of the stump. Let me know where you are from and what you are charging. Thanks, Eric in NC:usflag:

2. NMS0219

NMS0219 LawnSite Senior Member

Here in Buffalo, NY the going rate is 3.50-4.50 an inch with a $100 min. charge. Nick

3. 1cooltreeguy

Awesome info. Very Good to know. Thanks

4. NMS0219

Stump grinding prices vary alot. I've heard of prices going as high as $6 an inch

5. 1cooltreeguy

Man that is a dream for us down south. What is the lowest you have seen it up in NY.?

6. haybaler

haybaler LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

a lot of new guys around here just charge as much as they can get, nobody knows better. I could dig them out with an excavator for what there charging.

7. NMS0219

2.75 was the lowest in recent years. This spring I see prices going sky high. We had a major storm in October and took down a ton of trees. 96% of all the trees in the area were damaged.

8. 1cooltreeguy

Yeah - They are working for a grinder payment. Can't even maintain the machine for what they are charging.:hammerhead:

9. 1cooltreeguy

That is like having a hurricane with the damage as stated. So prices have stayed up for you? $2.75 is OK. Have to get what the market will allow - $4 sounds better - Good luck.

10. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

i sold mine as i coud have someone do it for me cheeper than i could