1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Stump The Technician...Name That Failure,,,

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by piston slapper, Dec 3, 2012.

1. kymowboy

kymowboy LawnSite Member

Having 2 teenage daughters, I say the push mower will be the first to go. Unless Dad is in charge of maintenance.

2. piston slapper

piston slapper LawnSite Platinum Member

Did you find it yet ???

3. piston slapper

piston slapper LawnSite Platinum Member

I'm thinkin the kid with the scooter is gonna use the gas for his scooter in the chainsaw...
    Chainsaw melts a cylinder from incorrect fuel mix...

4. billc1004

billc1004 LawnSite Member

Judy ! everybody else gets a new product but her ,she just get to use a push mower ..

5. BigFish

BigFish LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah, man........I was/am gonna post a tool pic for the benefit of Ed "2cycle" Hess. That and I wanted to see what people come up with... so far not much!!

Thanks

6. jkilov

jkilov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MS

Bravo, PistonSlapper is correct.

Novice chainsaw and scooter owners are a deadly combo. While many 2-strokes remain in the motorcycle world, premix and carburetors are all but gone, replaced by injection pumps with separate tanks.

The bike/scooter has two tanks, a large one for gas and a small one for oil. A chainsaw has two tanks .... and the result is obvious.

I know a lot of people who had their saws burnt by scooter riding teenagers, to them it made perfect sense, the saw will mix it's own fuel, like any other 2-stroke they know of, right?