Stump The Technician,,,Name That Tool

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by piston slapper, Oct 26, 2012.

1. dutch1

dutch1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Jayhawk

Slapper, I realize that your boss most likely pays for the Dyna-Blue but---do you have any idea what it runs, cost wise, and what size containers are available. It's also possible that Zep simply fills your reserve tank. What's the skinny?

I thought I had a source from my son in law who oversees three tire retreading plants but they dropped Zep some time ago.

2. piston slapper

piston slapper LawnSite Platinum Member

I didn't get as good a deal as I have in the past...a few years back I got a 20 gal drum for $225...but I got it from the regional manager..
    He's moved on...and the price went up...I paid $420 by the time they added a drum deposit ...sales tax...and delivery out of Atlanta..
    The solvent is avalable in 1..5..20..and 55 gal cans...think it sells for bout $25 a gallon...

3. piston slapper

BTW...this parts washer does not have the high dollar filtration system like SnapOn and sone others..
    I use coffee filters in the basket below the drain...and change them regularly...works well...

4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

5. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Not cheetin. I run great solvent through a cheap machine. Don't really need a big one. Hobby size 5 gallon works just fine. I also have a small dip tank I use DB in. I grew up in shops with Zep products. Just the smell of the red shop rags brings back memories.
    Posted via Mobile Device

ericg likes this.
  6. Breezmeister

Breezmeister LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from South Jersey

Now that is a good idea. FWIW, I use the strainers out of a solo back pack sprayer. Also, I made a drying rack from a screen out of a Lesco push spreader, it's stainless steel, so it won't rust.

ericg likes this.
  7. piston slapper

Cmon Ed...
    Tools don't cost money...they make money....consistantly...
    I'm sure there are guys out there still trying to mow yards with pushmowers and sears riders...
    But...the only ones makin any real money use ztrs...its the same with mechanics..
    I could not consistantly build bulletproof engines without the proper tools...and partswasher..of course..

BTW...never tell anyone you're poor...they'll expect you to work for peanuts...

8. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

7-8 gallons of mineral spirits and half quart of ATF works fine for me......

9. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

That is some true hillbilly chemistry there. I'm sure it works too.
    Posted via Mobile Device

ericg likes this.
  10. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

I resemble dat remark...... I'm frum da big sity !!!

I use what the boss supplies, The ATF keeps the MS from drying your hands out......