Stung 5 Times

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, Sep 14, 2004.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I don't know what they were but I was stung five times yesterday on a property. I was just making my perimeter pass with the mower and wham I was hit. I hurried as fast as I could to get out of there and when I looked back all I saw was a huge swarm coming out of the ground.

I was hit 2 times in the tempo, and 3 times in the elbow area. The ones in my tempo hurt really bad and swelled up a little bit. The pain didn't go away until almost 12 hours later.

The ones in the elbow area the pain went away after a couple of hours, but today my arm is swelled up big time. If it gets any bigger I am going to the doctor tomorrow.
  2. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Sorry to hear about your getting stung. There seem to be other members getting stung now as well. Be careful as you can develop an allergic reaction to stings at any time, meaning if you were fine getting stung last summer this year you might have an issue.

3. CoastalEmpire

CoastalEmpire LawnSite Member

Yellow jackets, they come out of the by the dozens.
  4. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

I've learned to really open my eyes aftre my swarm attack...
  5. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

and they hurt far longer than other stings!

GEO :cry:
  6. jbell113

jbell113 LawnSite Senior Member

Yellow jackets are bad this time of year for some reason. When I see any thing fly out of the ground this time of year I take off running as fast as I can for a hundred yards or so and dont look back. I have had 2 encounters with ground bees in the last 2 weeks but have been very lucky to have not got stung.
  7. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Yep coming out of the ground like that and swarming it was yellowjackets
  8. matthew horner

matthew horner LawnSite Senior Member

Ok, if you are serious about how you spelled this word, thanks for the best laugh of my day..............

What is a tempo?

You were kidding right?

9. wojo23323

wojo23323 LawnSite Senior Member

Got stung in the arm twice yesterday while trimming bushes. Very swollen and itchy today.
  10. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

opps!!! Didn't see that spelling error. What was I thinking :dizzy: Temple I meant