stuped things done on the job

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by A+Elawnservice, Jan 15, 2002.

1. A+Elawnservice

A+Elawnservice LawnSite Member
    from nj

what did you do on a job tht was stuped tell me any thing

2. scagman

scagman LawnSite Senior Member

Blower quit working one day after doing a yard. ai didnt have a broom so I fired up the w/b engaged the blades and went up an down the sidewalks. It wasnt working very well, then the owner came out and asked what I was doing and he let me use his blower to finish. I felt pretty dumb!!!

3. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Hey Scagman,

That isn't such a bad idea, sometimes I do that so I don't need my blower! You should have told him that you were concerned that the sidewalk was getting a little LONG!!!!

4. chicks-dig-lawn-guys

chicks-dig-lawn-guys LawnSite Member

The throttle on my trimmer was to high so the head would spin even though the gas wasn't pressed. I was holding the trimmer when I bent down to pick something up.....thats when I pulled the trimmer head up against my leg...didnt feel very good but I got over it.

5. plow kid

plow kid Banned

I peed in the bushes!! J/K LOL

seriously though I .......ran over a weed whip with the truck.

6. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

I am sure I've done worse things but I can't remember right now.

Anyway, a few years ago I told my guys to start mowing a certain property. We weren't on the street. And I was too busy to look up the address so I just described which house (next door to a current client). They somehow misunderstood and mowed the wrong lawn. The crazy thing is this went on for like 3-4 weeks. Finally, the client who we were SUPPOSED to be mowing called and complained. All the while, the wrong house never once called to let me know, even though we give out checklists on every visit with our phone number on them. Guess they weren't going to ruin a good thing. :)

As it turned out though, the wrong house got so used to us doing it that they called (once we finally stopped doing it for free) and asked how much it would be to continue. I quoted it and we've been mowing it ever since.

So the moral of the story is if you want more customers, just start arbitrarily mowing some lawn every week and be sure to leave your number each time. Then quit one day and you'll get a new customer. LOL :D

7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Once I wasn't paying much attention and put blades for my 52" WB on my 61" WB. Needless to say, the cut wasn't too great until I discovered what I had done.

8. scott's turf

scott's turf LawnSite Senior Member
    from NH

It would have to be those "stuped" spelling mistakes.

JK

9. lawncare

lawncare LawnSite Member

:blush: Mowing a cust lawn and she didn't have the money this particuliar time so after about 2 weeks begging for my 100 bucks. She lets me in and say 1 moment ill go get it needless to say when she came back she was looking so good I broke the lawnman first rule of business. I got my money worth and haven't cut that yard since. I should've took the money instead of the honey:rolleyes:

10. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

you beat me to it Scott.........lol