1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Stupid Chevy trucks (read)

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by steve, Apr 2, 2000.

1. steve

steve LawnSite Member

My '88 Chevy 3/4 ton 4-speed p/u with 190,000 miles!!! Now it needs a set of plug wires (they're Original)!!! And a set of front brake pads (they're original too)!!!<p>That truck should go 250,000 miles easily.<p><p>(just kidding)
  2. MTCK

MTCK LawnSite Senior Member
    from Idaho

3. yortengel

yortengel LawnSite Member

Don't forget the Cap,rotor & Fuel filter.<br>My Chevy's also run forever.<br>Now if I could just stop the Rust.
  4. frahmie

frahmie LawnSite Member

my buddy has an 88 1/2ton 2wheel drive chevy. its had a few tune ups, but no major problems. even been threw an acident............230,000 miles and it hasn`t lost any power. but gained tons of charactor. frahmie
  5. steve

steve LawnSite Member

I've changed the cap & rotor thing I would not have to change the wires.<br>The wires are not that bad just sometimes it'll skip and pop.
  6. grasskutter

grasskutter LawnSite Member
    from mass.

you guys with the 88s must have the 350 for an engine. my 88 with the 305 didnt last past 100,000 miles had to replace it with a goodwrench 350, it now has 130,00 miles(just broke in), will probably run for another 250,000 miles. <p>----------<br>grasskutter@cs.com<br>
  7. smoothie

smoothie LawnSite Member
    from Calgary

My 87 short box has 293,000km's on its 305 tbi ,whats that in miles ? Any way compression is still up and even accross the motor. <p>
  8. Cobra

Cobra LawnSite Member

I have a 88 K5 with 130+ miles, 350 TBI. Bought it less than 2 months ago. A freind ask &quot;Why did you buy a truck with so many miles on it?&quot; My reply was. They are only starting to get broke in at 100 thou. The Chevy 350 TBI is the best &quot;Diehard&quot; engine I have ever had the pleasure of working on since I have been wrenching for the past 20 odd years. Mom didn't give me a rattle. I wanted dads Snap On wrench. :) <p>----------<br>Cobra<br>Built Chevy Tough!<br>
  9. yortengel

yortengel LawnSite Member

When Your Right - Your Right<br>Wish I had A TBI.
  10. chevy4ever

chevy4ever LawnSite Member

Hell, My 89 350 has 191,000 miles and I expect at least that much again. But I must admit, I've put on new plug wires.<p>----------<br>A Cut Above<br>