1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Stupid customer story

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by pjslawncare/landscap, Jan 1, 2004.

1. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Yea, Im getting bored also so I will tell ya all about one of those customers I dealt with a while back that thinks lawncare guy = moron.
    Get a call one day from a lady for an esemate for mowing. I show up and she tells me she wants front push mowed w/bagger and whatever in back. I give price,she sais OK. Then she tells me she hired me behind hubbys back as he likes to mow it but she dont want him too. Yea, I figured then she wears the pants. Second visit, hubby in drive about 10 feet away. I nod to him, his nose up. No biggy. Then next visit the nitpicking starts from her. Couple blades of grass in pool, dont park in front because hubby parks there, yada yada. Finally next visit she comes out and said I tore up her lawn in back. Well Ive been doing this stuff for a decade now and I would certainly know it if I tore up a lawn. I realized when she said that what she had refered to. Way in back is a low spot with drain outfalls and its always wet. I mow as much as I can with mower and use trimmer to get last 5 ft or so. The worst I did was leave tire tracks over wet grass but didnt break thru sod. A person could hose it and never know. I quickly figured hubby made big deal. Well she continued to say that they had to pay someone to fix it and all this other garbage. Knowing she was pulling my leg I responded by turning off mower and acting Very concerned telling her that I will turn into my insurance and I started towards area in question. Rite away she was saying "its alrite, dont worry, we took care of it" but I continued to that area. upon arrival, it was obvious there was never any damage and the look on her face was worth shutting everything down for. Inside I was pritty POed, but I told her that who ever "repaired" this must be pritty good, maybe she should have them mow her lawn from now on. Not another word was said as I loaded my equipment and removed my rig from in front of her home where her hubby usually parks.
  2. lawnMaster5000

lawnMaster5000 LawnSite Senior Member

It sounds to me like she was reasonable.
  3. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I love customers like that:D
  4. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

nice one man, dont take that mulberry bush from any housewife.
  5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Good customers are wonderful. Makes you want to find them.