Stupid me :)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by plantzpropertymanagement, Aug 4, 2006.

1. plantzpropertymanagement

plantzpropertymanagement LawnSite Member

Hey anybody ever forget to put there trailer gate back up and take off and get about a mile down the road and relize you have bean dragging your gate haha this is so funny i did not hear it cause i had my ac cranking and the music going this wasnt the first time.
  2. sweatyclippingcoveredguy

sweatyclippingcoveredguy LawnSite Member

ummmm. No. I have a routine for jobs, none of which include forgetting to raise the gate. You have big machines that can fall off and break and/or kill someone, I know you're trying to joke around and laugh but that's retarted man. I'm not perfect and I make many a mistake, but that's one I couldn't make.
  3. chesterlawn

chesterlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Your big machines are supposed to be strapped down so they cant fall off .
  4. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I keep reading tales of people on here driving MILES with their gates down too... HOW?????????? In my MANY years of doing this I have only ONCE moves my truck with the gate down. Actually I was in my grandmas driveway and I don't remember why, but I had to back the truck up a few feet. Her driveway is rock and I did a little plowing. Now mind you the mower was unloaded and I was in the midts of mowing so yeah, I forgot.

I sometimes think I'm scatterbrained, then I come here and realize i'm OK! LOL
  5. Eakern & Dog

Eakern & Dog LawnSite Senior Member

I have never driven with the gate down but I have forgotten to put my cotter pins back in and luckily caught it while doing my tie downs. I have forgotten to pull my jack up when hooking the trailer up though.That sucked. Big scrape on my drive way.
  6. plantzpropertymanagement

plantzpropertymanagement LawnSite Member

yeah i know it was stupid but sometimes i get in to a zone and forget everybody makes oopsy's you just got to laugh about it sometimes know reason to put somebody down.
  7. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

don't feel bad... last week I was having one of those "leave me alone, I'm new here" weeks... Just little crap that I KNOW how to do yet suddenly forgot! Went to drop my gate at home to unload the mower to service it. I pull the pin on one side and then procede to unhook the bar that holds the 2 gate halves together. Well then I almost get the one half hitting me in the face! Now WHY did I do that, when I NEVER split the gates to lower them??? "leave me alone, I'm new" LOL

FIREMAN Q LawnSite Senior Member

i haven't forgotten to put it up but my partner did not lock the gate and it dropped while driving up a hill. Luckily it was a small hill and driving slow.
  9. Last week I couldn't even spell ********, and now you say I am one.
    Because I dragged a tailgate once. Dragged it so far it beveled the edge.
    Nearly burned myself picking it up.

"The only people who don't make any mistakes are the ones who aren't doing anything."
  10. Jeds_Lawn_Care

Jeds_Lawn_Care LawnSite Senior Member

I drove about 5 miles w/ a COMPLETLY FLAT TIRE.:nono: I thought the suburban was dragging a little bit. When I stopped the tire caught on fire.:dizzy: Thank God, a guy in a big truck was behind me and pulled over and got out his fire ext-er.:)

Gas tanks + firey tire = bad.

God protected me though.:)

The tire was ripped to shreds and the rim was flat on one side.