Stupid Mistake on my part!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mcwlandscaping, Oct 17, 2005.

1. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Well today, i got my sample of fluid film. I immediatly started thinking of places where i thought it could be used. So, like and idiot, i remembered that the mounts for the brake pads on my exmark were starting to rust, so without thinking of the consequenses, i proceeded to spray some on both of the mouts on the mower. Well, 15 minutes later, i set off to mow, less then a minute into the first lawn, i realized my stupid mistake (you can probably guess what happens next!!!!), the fluid film had gotten into the brakepads too!!! So, all of today, i have had 1/2 to 3/4 of normal braking power which made for some very wide turns!!!! What a pita!!!

OOPS!! LOL

Sorry for the long post!

2. Varsity L&G

Varsity L&G LawnSite Senior Member

So far I have loved my free sample. I used it to remove the bed of my truck. No broke bolts and everything that was rusty removed with ease. I am still looking for things to use it on. I may have to buy myself another can here sometime soon.

I can say the stuff does have an odor when you get it on your hands.

3. mcwlandscaping

I agree, the stuff works great, too great in my instince, but, halfway through my last lawn, i noticed that most of the rust from that mounts was gone, stuff is great, im going to use it tomarrow to get the tines off my tiller!

4. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

I'm use to having to use the hot metal wrench, but the stuff is good. And the free sample Idea will insure that at least a few more cans are sent to me.

5. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like good stuff. I've never heard of it. Where do you get it?

6. mcwlandscaping

I got mine from the free offer for a sample of it on lawnsite but you can go here:

www.eurekafluidfilm.com

good stuff!!

7. BryPaulD

BryPaulD LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

I checked that link. I didn't see anything about free??

8. mcwlandscaping

No, that offer was for lawnsite members only. It ended last week i think. There was a thread about it at the top of the commercial mowing forum for at least a week and a half. Its gone now so i assume its over. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

9. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

I got my sample today and can't wait to try it out in the morning!!!!!:D

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I would like to know the results of this stuff compared to PB Blaster.