Stupid Move/Bad Mistake

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CoastalEmpire, Aug 3, 2004.

1. CoastalEmpire

CoastalEmpire LawnSite Member

My dad just told me this. An 89 year old lady (that my dad knows) has one of my competitors as a yard guy. After he removed a bunch of poison ivy from her fence saturday, he went inside her house to get his check. He asked to use her sink to wash off his arms and hands and goes into the bathroom to do so (mistake #1). He ends up taking a leak in her tiolet and leaves the seat up(mistake #2). He leaves, sometime that day she goes to take a piss and falls into the toilet fracturing her hip. She sits there Saturday, Sunday and Monday morning unable to get up. Her daughter found her Monday and their thinking about suing.

2. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

how could she not know the seat was up???

3. stxkyboy

stxkyboy LawnSite Member

suing on what basis this thread should be titled stupid daughter

4. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

You know...you just can't get stuff like this in the Newspapers.

Suing? If she wanted it down, she should have bolted it that way. Man, just his luck she'll probably win.

5. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I don't believe there's any law against leaving the seat up. I never understand why women complain so much about this. Put the d*** thing down and do your business! What does it take, like half a second?

6. CoastalEmpire

CoastalEmpire LawnSite Member

The old lady lives by herself and that toilet seat has probably not been up for 10 years. Anyway, they probably couldn't win anything in a law suit. I would hate to have an incident like that hanging over my head though. But one lesson here is: Don't use your customer's bathroom.

7. tx_angler

tx_angler LawnSite Senior Member

I have an "ex" that had the same problem even after I explained that potential energy was on her side. She only needed to start the seat in the down direction and gravity would do the rest!

I hear her front yard needs some Roundup. Any volunteers?

8. dustin ward

dustin ward LawnSite Member

this is crazy iam reading this cause one of my cust just settled for 330k cause he went into some diner in alabama 2 years ago and he fell off of the toilet pining him between the wall and the toilet cause it wasnt bolted down, friend of his finnaly got tired of waiting so went in to see what was taking so long and found him, he luckily went to the hosp that night cause his back was hurting so bad and found out he ruptured a disc and now that why he pays me to cut his grass weekly

9. MOJO111

MOJO111 LawnSite Member

She fell into her own toilet ??????????????? she could only sue herself??????????????????? I don't think it'll happen

10. venecular

venecular LawnSite Member
    from Atlanta

I cannot imagine how someone could fall into a toilet and fracture a hip. unless she jumped in. she must have eaten some mexican food...