stupid people = stupid questions

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ronnie Greenwood, Apr 25, 2003.

1. ronnie Greenwood

ronnie Greenwood LawnSite Member
    from Il

I was going about my business caring for a yard of mine, some old guy pulls up and says do you pick up the grass clippings out of the street I say yes thinking that this could be a potential client well this guy says good becouse I live down the street and I like things to look nice I shouldent of said this but I told him to do what he does and let me do what I do and walked away:blob2: payup :gunsfirin :drinkup:
  2. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Yea, I know what u mean.

Me and my dad were burning a stump in the yard for 3 days and then some neighbor pulls up in front of the house calls the fire dept. and then peels out when the truck.

Some ppl don't have anything better to do with their time. :angry: :angry: :mad: :realmad: :realmad: :nono:
  3. ahah

ahah LawnSite Member
    from 5

A similar situation happend with me . Spring growth last year, I was trimming after mowing and a guy walking his dog got my attention. Suspecting he wanted work done as well, I turned off the trimmer and removed my earplugs. He said, "You guys really leave a mess in the street. It makes the neihborhood look terrible."
    I said, "My truck is still here, my trailer is still here, and I am still here. Maybe you shouldn't jump to conclusions about my level of professionalism. I am not done yet."
    I started back to trimming.

About a month later he got my attention again to say he was sorry. I apologized as well.
  4. jbrink01

jbrink01 LawnSite Member

For what it's worth I live in a town of about 15000 just west of St. Louis. Our Mayor, who owns a lawn service business, has had the local police start enforcing a local ordinance prohibiting clippings in the street.......
  5. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

I hate when people stop their car and motion for you to come over to them. I drove the mower over, turn it off, remove ear plugs, only to be asked directions. I always tell'm the same thing. "Go down to the corner, make a right at the stop sign, go straight for 2 miles then make the first left, can't miss it."

If they stop their car and get out of it to ask I always give the correct instructions. The ones that blow their horn REALLY tic me off.
  6. goodbeus

goodbeus LawnSite Senior Member

know what you mean Mowerman...I tell them "It's somewhere down there" pointing in the direction they're facing:eek: :D ;)
  7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Better than that...say to them, "you can't get there from here" . Then check out the look on their face...LOL
  8. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

well you could always start motioning to them in sign language, that should make them look elsewhere for help (and no i don't mean the one finger sign! lol).
  9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

That's funny.:D Here, I thought I was the only one that said that! I got that from Firesign Theatre's "The Further Adventures of Nick Danger, - Private Eye. (Used to be played on the Dr. Dimento Radio Show.:p LOL
  10. ZX12R

ZX12R LawnSite Senior Member

I was cutting a lawn last summer on a dry ,windy day. The homeowner next door who was cutting his lawn comes over and says the dust is blowing toward my house and he wanted me to stop. He,himself was covered in dust. I looked at him,laughed and said,"look at you".He turned around and left.................*******!