stupid question

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by texas, Mar 7, 2006.

1. texas

texas LawnSite Member

how heavy do yall think a 20*8 trailer with 2 JD737s and a 36"wb and blowers ect. would be? should i need a CDL or DOT number if i pull with a 3/4 ton truck?

2. NEPSJay

NEPSJay LawnSite Senior Member

you wont need cdl for something like that.

3. texas

texas LawnSite Member

4. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Probabaly around 8k...shouldnt need cdl.

5. CutRight

CutRight LawnSite Senior Member

i don't know what the LA CDL laws are, but in CT you need a CDL class A if you're towing more than 10,000 lbs no matter the size of the truck.

You should definatly be under that 10,000 lbs mark, but you never know. The only way to know for sure is to get it weighed at a yard somewhere with a scale.

6. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

i thought for class A it was 21,000 pounds.

7. texas

texas LawnSite Member

should i need a DOT# pulling w/ a 3/4 f250 xcab? how much does one cost usually?

8. CutRight

the laws may be different in different states because congress only passed a minimum set of laws, then other states added on. In CT you cannot tow more than 10,000 #s without your CDL A licence. unless its not commercial and you are towing a camper or something like that or farm plates.

9. CutRight

i don't know much about DOT numbers. I'm going down to the main DMV office in the state of CT tmrw and it will be one of my questions.

10. NEPSJay

NEPSJay LawnSite Senior Member

here.........http://www.ct.gov/dmv/cwp/view.asp?a=805&Q=244742&dmvPNavCtr=|28089|&dmvPNavCtr=|28053|#28092