1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Stupid Question

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by RD592, May 22, 2006.

1. RD592

RD592 LawnSite Member

I have an open 6.5 x 12 trailer and Im wondering what is the best side to put my trimmer rack on( drivers side or passengers side).

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Try the front.:drinkup:
  3. thesargent

thesargent LawnSite Senior Member

there arent alot of stupid questions. just stupid answers, put it on what ever side you like it the most. i dont think it really matters. in my enclosed trailer i have mine on the passenger side. because my moer is on the other side.
  4. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

You should put it on the right side (passenger) that way you dont have to go into the street to get your trimmers. Just like on the enclosed trailers, the side door is on the right hand side.
  5. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

right hand side, it is safer, if you have a trimmer that is hanging just slightly off and it catches on a truck passing by, you could be at fault. also the front works in a pinch, but only if the equipment is shorter than the width of the trailer, and it reduces visibility.
  6. Palmer'sLS

Palmer'sLS LawnSite Senior Member

Thats just good thinkin right there..listin to the man and put 'er up on the passenger side
  7. thesargent

thesargent LawnSite Senior Member

good point about the passenger side. i never even thought of that. learn somthin new every day.
  8. JJLandscapes

JJLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

right side..... there are no stupid questions just stupid people who ask questions

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

The same side as the curb
  10. MowForLess

MowForLess LawnSite Member

Just a silly note to pass along. When the First 3rd door Extended cab truck rolled off the line, the 3rd door was on the passenger side to help reduce the risk of injury to boarding and unboarding of passengers from on-coming traffic.