Stupid Question?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fga, Nov 21, 2003.

1. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

How ya doing?
    I was looking at this mower on ebay. I've used a WB before, but never a toro. I've used an encore and a ferris, both having hand brakes to steer them. How do you steer this mower???? He wants $900 for it.
    ADAM FGA

2. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Twist the bars, I believe.

3. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

that black bar on the handle. push the left side down to go right, push the right side down to go left, push both down to go straight. it is by far the best setup in todays market.

4. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

you push forward on the bar to go forward, and pull back towards yourself to stop. So if you want to turn right you would pull back on the right side, stopping the right wheel, and vice versa for left. Its actually very easy, and once you get used to it its alot better than a pistol grip mower.

5. fga

Sounds easy, it's a 36" with a Kawi. motor, comes with the grass catcher. I know the catcher alone is like $150. Think its worth $900?

6. Rick Jones

Rick Jones LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

That's what Toro calls the "T-Bar". Excellent system. Great on a belt drive, even better on a hydro.

This "walking" mower has been relisted numerous times now. In fact, I think he has even had it listed for ~$850 before. If I were interested in it, I'd email him a lowball offer. He just might go for it.

7. fga

THANKS FOR THE INFO GUYS!!!!!!!!!
    ADAM FGA

8. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

I agree with Rick. Send him an email and offer him , say $ 500.00 and go from there.Replacing belts can get expensive if they are really worn underneath.You never know, he may go for it.Good luck!

9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

How old is it? How many hours? I can about BET that it's not worth 900 bucks. Caviot Emptor.