Stupid rain

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CreativeLawncareSolutions, Apr 17, 2013.

1. CreativeLawncareSolutions

CreativeLawncareSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

We'll be getting this rain later tonight and tomorrow.

The National Weather Service has got us under a wind advisory today, though. Should make for fun times blowing the grass.

2. CreativeLawncareSolutions

That storm system that's currently leaving the Cincy area is a good one. Stretches from Louisiana up into Canada. Lots of fellas are going to be getting the day off today.

3. Tunica

Tunica LawnSite Member

Trust Me it pushed thru here by midnight. The amount of water running in the streets was amazing. I bet we got three or more inches in four hours. Shopping time for a new backpack!

4. CreativeLawncareSolutions

I gotta go measure 7 properties for full maintenance....then I'll probably go have a beer.

5. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

rained out here in bamaland, Ill second:drinkup: the beer thing

6. Tunica

Tunica LawnSite Member

Loads of Lawn care companies around here holding their monthly meetings at the local tavern.

7. CreativeLawncareSolutions

There's one minor thing you need to go check out 7 properties.....THE ADDRESSES.

Called the guy at 8:30 this morning...left a message. Haven't heard back. Ok, then. Onto the booze.

8. zackvbra

zackvbra LawnSite Senior Member

everytime it rains for an extended period of time here, our raw sewage overflows and gets dumped into the withlacoochee river. something our city really needs to put a few million into pretty quick.

if you come down here, dont swim in the withlacoochee river. it has already gotten about 100 million gallons of raw sewage in it.

9. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I was close to having a record week, but I learned never to curse the rain, we can cut tall grass but we screwed if it doesnt rain.

10. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Never. Cuss. Rain.
    It tends to shut off when it gets hot, and never comes back again:(