1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Stupid rain

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CreativeLawncareSolutions, Apr 17, 2013.

1. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Yuck. That is a lot of floaters.

2. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

Wish that worked for the wind. Hard to get things done when it blows 20-30 MPH for months on end. No snow or frost so the weeds and insects are still alive.

3. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I am going to have to put a coat on this week for the mornings. Hard to believe this close to May. Suppose to be in the 40s every morning

4. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

Heck, it was 28 degrees this morning when I checked! 2 days ago it was 80 degrees out and I was wearing shorts and t shirt! I have to wait for the frost to melt before I can do anything. :hammerhead:

5. CreativeLawncareSolutions

CreativeLawncareSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah, it's a bit nippy out in the mornings still. I get to sport the company logo hooded sweatshirt while actually working, though. A rare treat.

6. CreativeLawncareSolutions

Stupid frost. Woke up this morning to 35 degrees and a frost covered lawn. Hate sittin around and waiting for the ground to dry to a reasonable level...I wanna work now, darnit.

7. CreativeLawncareSolutions

Complete washout here in Cincy today. Temps rapidly declining too. It was 65 degrees when I woke up. It will supposedly be 45 in just a matter of hours. It's wacky.

8. J & D Greens

J & D Greens LawnSite Senior Member

We got 5" of snow Monday night/Tuesday morning. It is just drying out enough to mow tomorrow. But still can't complain, we need the moisture. This will be the best start for our season in years.

9. CreativeLawncareSolutions

It's freezing. Frost advisory til 9 am.

10. pseudosun

pseudosun LawnSite Bronze Member

Another cold front and the ground is soaked. I cleaned up azaleas full of vines and trees yesterday. I think all i can do is go back and finish that unless i get rained out again. Come on man, It's almost May.