1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Stupid rain

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CreativeLawncareSolutions, Apr 17, 2013.

1. HPI_Savage25

HPI_Savage25 LawnSite Member

Well great I woke up this morning with intentions of doing a yard and then work at my girlfriends house doing yard work and its pouring outside. :/

2. J & D Greens

J & D Greens LawnSite Senior Member

All of April has been this kind of weather every 5 days or so all month long. Here is what we start of May 1 and today with. The last three days of April it was between 60 and 80 degree temps. This will be gone by the end of Friday. It is a good thing I have a bathroom remodel to work on or I would have very little in they way of a "silver lining" to look at this with. My customers are seeing their grass start to green up and are calling, but I can only get to so many lawns a day between storms??? They are pretty understanding though.

May 1&2, 2013 001 (640x480).jpg

May 1&2, 2013 002 (640x480).jpg

May 1&2, 2013 003 (640x480).jpg

May 1&2, 2013 004 (640x480).jpg

3. MTenterprises

MTenterprises LawnSite Senior Member

Raining for days now and the ground is super soaked with standing water most everywhere. River flood warnings in my area next few days. I'm way behind now!
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. HPI_Savage25

HPI_Savage25 LawnSite Member

Guess what...more freaking rain. Had a few yards to do but only got one done. The other 2 yards are both bagged and one of them is a high end yard so I would rather let it dry out some before I go do it. The other is always a mess when bagging as its bi weekly and Bermuda that is fertilized so its always a ton of clippings...ill wait till my trailer is empty

5. TinMan1

TinMan1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from SC

6 days of straight rain customers yards flooded and Bahia grass and weeds a foot high. I hate this time of year
    I remember this time last year it rained for 2 weeks straight mudded up everything
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. CreativeLawncareSolutions

CreativeLawncareSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

Looks like Monday is going to be a complete washout with a possibility of rain all day on Tuesday as well. Then rain on Friday and Saturday. The yards need cut every 4 days here. Cutting them every 7 or 8 days is a nightmare.

7. TinMan1

TinMan1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from SC

I have 99% bi weekly talk about a mess waiting 2 weeks
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

Funny how things can be totally different in parts of the country. We haven't had any rain in weeks. It's so dry here the ground is cracking in spots and the mowers throw up so much dust it looks like I'm driving tanks through the desert. I took today off because after nearly 3 weeks with out a day off I'm beat.

9. herler

herler LawnSite Fanatic

You ain't a farmer if you're cursing the weather, maybe you ought to be a forecaster or the like, but cursing the weather in this line of work is pointless.

10. Blade Runners

Blade Runners LawnSite Bronze Member

Raining here too, river is about to overflow, fields look like ponds, sinkholes in one of the roads.
    Way behind on properties.