Stupid Sales Calls!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RedWingsDet, Jul 7, 2004.

1. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

this lady just called up, it showed up "North Carolina Call"

so i answered and she goes " Hi may i speak with the business owner"

now, me and my bro are both business owners, he owns Pavment Pounder Promotions and i own Premier Landscaping...

so im thinking "hmm must be for him" but anyway i just said "yes speaking"

and she says "i was wondering if you would like to do some advertising over the internet with us, we are bla bla bla"

and then i go "look, if i want to do advertising online im going to speak withsomeone local, not thousands of miles away! and i dont plan on doing any online advertising yet either"

then... she goes "what kind of business is it"

so i go "landscaping"

then she just said "okay" like she was puzzled, so i go....

"well sense your not fimiular with to much stuff and sound like you dont even know how your sopossed to respond to anything i say, you should call tyrone the crack dealer and ask him if he wants to do some online advertising"

then i hung up.... but serisouly, she sounded like she didnt even know what to say after i said landscaping, and she sounded like she didnt know what she was talking about...

i dont mind sales calls, i love it when u can mess with em. but i HATE the stupid iggnorant ones!!!

sorry for the post, just venting, and im sure some can relate!
  2. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Don't worry about it. Next time just tell them that you are only 16 years old as that will really blow their minds and they'll hang up as you have to be 18 to enter into a legally binding contract in NC and evryother state that I know of anyway. BTW NC is only about 700-800 miles from Det :>)