Stupid sayings by employees

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by djlawn, Jul 26, 2005.

1. djlawn

djlawn LawnSite Member

I just had one of my new employees tell me the other day that he noticed that "the trimming is only bad where the mower can't get". After I got done laughing at his him, I asked him if he seriously believed that. All I have to say is wow.

2. The mayor

The mayor LawnSite Senior Member

When I was a machine shop supervisor I had a employee doing a lousy job. When I confronted him on his work he said "What's it going to matter 20 years from now." He was permently laid off.

3. Redneckn

Redneckn LawnSite Senior Member

Had a new field tech tell me the other day: I need a new engine. Both the rods are broke and it runs like crap.

This was on a garden tractor. I ask him if he is sure about what he is telling me. He says, yes. I put a screwdriver in the plug hole, the pistons would not move, then when i cranked it, it ran really crappy.

Currently, he is looking for a job.

4. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i was watching a football game one time, i forget what teams they were, but i'll just make up two for the sake of telling the story. the commentator said, " the only way the giants can beat the packers, is if they score more points than them." :dizzy: :dizzy: i looked at my wife, she was like, "what, what's wrong?" :dizzy:

5. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

Bob, was that John Madden? He always makes me laugh...he says things like "Here's a guy when he puts his contacts in, he can see better" LOL

6. The Grass Amputator

The Grass Amputator LawnSite Member

My little sister, who is mentally ********, has a favorite saying that we hear quite frequently: Well, I'll just have to believe it before I can see it.

This is the same sister who asked my dad to stop buying her Spanish Peanuts because "It takes too long to peel off these red paper shells."

7. SproulsLawnCare

SproulsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member
    from IN

I was reading in the paper the other day about (I believe) a basketball player commenting on his sister had become pregnant. He wasn't sure if he was going to be an uncle or an aunt.

8. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

I had asked a worker to fill in a hole with dirt one time,
    He comes to me about 5 minutes later and says
    "Would you come and look to see if I got it filled in yet?"

whats even worse...he dident!

9. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

had to be madden.... just had to be...
    :p

10. T Edwards

T Edwards LawnSite Member

During the spring a guy told a customer that the grass would start really growing soon because when daylight savings time kicked in, it would be getting an extra hour of sunlight every day.....