1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Stupid Share Icon

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by flatlander42, Sep 23, 2010.

1. MMADDUX

MMADDUX LawnSite Member

Lets get rid of this button once and for all.

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I'd sooner get rid of the very, very annoying Bayer popup ad.

3. Lefet

Lefet LawnSite Bronze Member

Still nothing we can do about this huh?

4. MMADDUX

MMADDUX LawnSite Member

^^^Agreed!!!!!

5. Lefet

Just trying to "keep hope alive".
    I guess it would be nice if somebody at least acknowledged our displeasure with this thing and interjected that it "couldn't be changed" or something.
    Not that we'd believe that mind you but at least we'd know you were listening.........

6. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

I did post right when this thread was started...you need to click on it in order to activate it and you can very easily click the "x" to close it.

also, it has never just "popped up" for me, as someone mentioned, when I am trying to click on someone's profile...it is located at the top and bottom of threads, not near every post and, again, can very easily be closed.

I don't believe that we are getting rid of it so I just wanted to post to give you my thoughts and let you know that

7. Lefet

Thank you Mr. Donovan for your response. Yes, I saw your post, but it still continues to just pop up when I move over it. Maybe just make it so you HAVE to actually click on it to open it up? I didn't figure it would be removed and it would probably be a safe bet that some people actually use it.

8. MMADDUX

MMADDUX LawnSite Member

I second the fact that it opens up when you move over it. It does NOT have to be clicked on to open. This needs to be changed so that it has to be clicked on not just when you move over it. Also it is in the way at the top and bottom of the threads.

9. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

It's called a Mouse Over fellas. It should disappear within a second of moving your cursor off of it. Specifically the command is "onmouseover".

There are far, far worse things they could have here like popup ads that won't close until they've run and hidden links that redirect you if you click anywhere on the page. I absolutely hate those things.

10. Lefet

Seems this thing is at it again..................................