stupid, stupid rain!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BSDeality, Mar 28, 2005.

1. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

Up til last week i thought we might have an early jump on some working weather in CT, then we got 7" of snow. today/tomorrow its pouring! The good news is at least its not supposed to go below freezing this week.

i've got cabin fever. The other good news is i went to do an estimate saturday for a large property overhaul. needs drainage, grading, seeding, the works. I'll be putting the bid together this week. Nothing like starting the season with a potential large job. :blob3:

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Let's see ya b**** at the rain in July...LOL

3. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

I am also in Connecticut. It is raining here also today. Pouring as a matter of fact. I dont really mind it though. Its good to start out the season with rain, it will also help out later. I expect it to take 2 weeks for everything to dry up here, and get working again. We still have some snow, but temperatures are going to be in the 50's for the forseable future. Keep us posted.

4. Lawn Pros

Lawn Pros LawnSite Member

Kentucky Rain and grass greening up and growing ready to cut this week!

5. greenoasis

greenoasis LawnSite Member
    from Zone 6

It's been raining here like crazy for the last couple of weeks. It's overcast today, but hopefully, we shouldn't see any rain. I'm look forward to some warmer temperatures.

6. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Raining here today.Lawns are greening up and I would say some would be ready to cut next week. I am going to look at two properties very close this week to see if they need cut. They were looking pretty good last week. Thankfully they are within 5 minutes of my shop.

PS. I agree with rodfather don't complain because we are getting rain. We definitely do not want to tick mother nature off and then we won't get any rain. :waving:

7. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeay the weathers crazy but it's better then snow! April showers.....